I have a couple of close friends expecting babies in the next few months, (so excited!) and we talk a lot about go-to products and must haves for a newborn. I thought it’d make sense to share a few my favorite baby items here. Obviously there are SO many things we use and every babe is different, but these are our must haves!
- Burp Cloths: honestly, just get towels – burp cloths are far to tiny to collect the mass quantities of spit up/snot/poop and every other disgusting thing that comes out of your kiddo. I recommend these, by Luvable Friends that you can get at Target or on Amazon – they’re technically receiving blankets, flannel and super absorbent, not to mention the very cute patterns!
- Swaddle sacks from Halo: Dane gets snuggled up every night in one of these – they are SUPER user friendly, come in a variety of weights – fleece for cooler weather, muslin and breathable cotton for warmer weather and they’re adorable! They’re sold online and pretty much everywhere baby items are sold!
- Diffuser + essential oils: This one is more for Casey and myself, but we’ve been diffusing Peace & Calming by Young Living in our home since we brought Dane home, and it truly does what it’s name indicates! I love the neutral smell, not too strong and it’s easier (and more safe!) than burning candles! Get one here.
- Muslin blanket: This is my go-to blanket for pretty much everything – we use it in the pack & play, on the floor and to wrap D up. It’s lightweight but warm enough, breathable and washes really well (I know this because it’s been washed a million times already)! This one is from Aden & Anais
- Elephant Play mat by Mary Meyer – this was a gift, and we absolutely love it! It’s about 2 inches thick and SO soft so Dane snuggles up on it, naps, and plays on it. While he’s still not moving too much it’s perfect to have on the couch or take out to the patio and since it’s so plush – it is great on any surface!