In the blink of an eye our little sweetheart is 3 months old. SO much has changed in those months. Casey and I have both done a lot of growing up, maturing, learning and loving selflessly. Becoming a parent is such a beautiful experience but also the hardest thing I’ve ever done in my life. The first two months were SO hard. Dane unfortunately picked up a cold right around Mother’s Day, which made it even more difficult. I’ve never wished so much to take pain away from someone else. Luckily he’s a tough guy, so even through the coughing and snotty noses, he smiled and squealed and loved us just as much as ever.
Some of the best milestones we’ve seen so far:
- Weighing in at a whopping 13 lbs
- In the 67% for height, and 15% for weight… our little string bean!
- Still wearing 0-3 onesies and sweatshirts
- Outgrowing 0-3 jammies and pants (he’s too long)
- Rolling from tummy to back easily (the other way is more difficult)
- Lots of smiling – at mom, dad, family, friends and even strangers!
- Favorite things: any ceiling fan, Sofie the giraffe, all the lamps and bright lights
- Getting very good at holding his head up (no more noodle neck!)
- Drooling and sucking on his hands constantly – is it too early for teething?!
- We’ve been to Door County twice and visited all of our favorite places
- Nicknames: D, DJ, D-Money, Dizzle, Bubba, Bubs
- Only a few total blowout diapers 🙂
I am so thankful to be his mama, the bond is truly amazing.
A few outtakes 🙂