Hello, hello! What a weekend we had! It was packed with activities and a lot of really fun memories with Dane. Friday night we stayed in and watched Finding Dory (finally!) It was super cute, and I would obviously recommend it to anyone – great for kiddos AND adults!
On Saturday, we headed to movie round two but this time we saw Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. I grew up loving the Harry Potter series and I absolutely loved what they did with this movie. Lucky for me, it’s rumored that there will be FOUR more where this one came from. I already can’t wait! We’re lucky enough to have family who live close and love to spend time with Dane so we could escape for a date afternoon and dinner. We were home and in bed by 9pm because someone is an early bird and weekends are not for sleeping, but for playing duh!
On Sunday we ran around and got organized for Christmas. Pulled all of the boxes up from the basement, tested twinkle lights and purchased all of the necessary things we were missing – mostly stuff for decorating the outside of our house. Since we just had our landscaping done a few months ago – I was so excited to light one of our new trees, and it turned out great! We successfully got the indoor tree up and lit (with a few snafu’s of the lights burning out – word to the wise, do not buy cheap Christmas lights when you have a 9 foot tree… I just about had a mental breakdown after the 3rd strand burnt out on us.) On a happier note, I am SO excited for Dane to experience the holidays for the first time. I love that he’s old enough where I can actually see the wonder in his eyes and how genuinely delighted he is to see and play with all of the decorations. We’ll finish decorating tonight because by the time we were done yesterday we were exhausted! It’s not as easy to get things put up with a tiny little monster cruising all over the house.
Anyway, the whole point of this blog post! I wasn’t going to do this, but my mom asked me what I wanted for Christmas and I immediately jumped to all the things we wanted for Dane – not me. When you have a little one with expanding needs, who is always growing bigger, there is a long list of things always on my mind. It reminded me that I actually did want some things for Christmas, so I thought I would compile a little list. Here are a few things I’m loving lately – and have definitely added to my Christmas list. Enjoy!
- Love Your Melon beanie – these hats are fantastic, and for a great cause too! This year, 50% of their net proceeds went to their partners to aid in the fight of pediatric cancer. Incredible! My friend is on one of their teams at the University of Minnesota and if you do choose to purchase, make sure to pick their team!
- Diorshow Mascara – this is my GO TO, every day mascara. I love the way it lengthens and darkens my lashes, without making them hard or crusty. I also always wear the primer, which just helps to lengthen!
- Bamboo Tub Caddy – I’ve been after one of these for a long time. Book, bubbles and wine in the tub? Yes, please…
- Nirvana Bourbon Perfume – I know, I know… it’s by Mary Kate & Ashley Olsen. BUT, it smells incredible and I’ve been looking for a more moody scent. My go-to is typically Viva La Juicy, which is super floral and bright.
- J Crew Puffer – because what WI girl doesn’t want one? I love this one because it’s casual but could easily be dressed up a bit. And on top of that, the navy is great and goes with everything. This is on sale right now, so hurry hurry!
- Raw Amethyst Necklace – how gorgeous is this? No explanation necessary as to why this is on my list 🙂
- Rose Gold Stacking Rings – I ❤ Rose Gold, and these super thin stackable rings are so pretty and delicate!
- Woodland Spruce Candle – I saw this on Good Morning America last week and love me a good holiday candle!
- Aveda Chakra Sprays – for every mood! I love that these are smaller and you can test drive them before buying a big version. They’re all so soothing.
- Gap Pure Body Soft Joggers – how comfy do these look? I practically live in Gap Body bottoms when I’m at home, so these made the list immediately. I love the relaxed look for lounging around the house.
- TOMS Boots – yes yes yes!! Size 8.5 please 🙂
- Vitality Lip Stain – My sister got this in the gloss version and absolutely loves it. It enhances your natural lip color, and this particular one is a 4-in-1 reviver with oils and natural anti-aging components.
- Vera Bradley Baby Backpack – I’ve been lusting after a good baby backpack for a while now. I love our current diaper bag, but backpacks are so easy to throw on, and now that Dane is bigger and we don’t need 15 extra outfits and 30 burp rags, it’s a great and stylish option!