And just like that, we’re finishing up November and on to the last month of another quick year. We’ve been busy getting the house cleaned and decorated for the holidays and it’s been SO FUN. There is absolutely nothing else like seeing Dane’s eyes light up over the lights and all of the extra décor all over.
I took advantage of the Cyber Monday deal through Tiny Prints and ordered our holiday cards this week – I used photos from our family session with my friend Sumner, and I just love how they turned out! Tiny Prints extended their sale through the end of today – so make sure to take advantage. You can save up to 50% off, and the cards are gorgeous. If you’re looking for some ideas for Christmas pictures – check out this interactive from Shutterfly – it’s a long list of great ideas for cards and family photos!
We’ve also been trying to get our gifts organized, have been doing a ton of brainstorming on what to get everyone. Gift giving is one of my all time favorite things, and I try my best to make each person feel special with something that’s meaningful to them. Here’s a quick humble brag: I’m pretty awesome at this… but last year I felt like we fell flat with our ideas. SO – this year it’s back at it and so far, I’m loving each gift.
Casey and I also had a conversation last night about gifts for Dane. He’s not old enough to understand presents in any way, and we don’t want to go crazy BUT we do feel like we need to get him a few special things. I’ve had a few friends ask me about toys and items that he’s using a lot these days so I thought, why not put together a quick gift guide for our little man.
These are either things we’re giving Dane ourselves, or ideas for family members who’ve asked what he needs! ☺
- Kid’s Teepee – Right now, D’s favorite thing is crawling under things and into cabinets. I can’t wait to see how much he loves his own personal fort! I was able to score this guy on Black Friday for only $45 but it’s still on sale for 30% off!
- Northface Winter Jacket – I went back and forth a lot about a winter jacket for Dane. I didn’t want to spend too much, so when this went on sale for Black Friday I couldn’t resist. I ended up getting it for half price, and am happy I went for it, because it’s not on sale anymore! How cool? Plus it’s reversible!
- Dinosaur Sweater – Okay… I have to admit it, but I’m a little obsessed with dinosaurs. I am already plotting a dino themed 1st birthday party and picked this up on super sale last night during the Cyber Monday event!
- A Classic Red Wagon – Come Spring, we’ll want to get out in the neighborhood and though Dane loves his stroller, how fun will a wagon be? We’re not sure what kind we’d want yet, and there are so many awesome options!
- VTech Sit-to-Stand Learning Walker – we already have this and it’s been the BEST for helping Dane learn to walk. The wheels have brakes on them so in the beginning we could monitor how quick he could move. Now he’s a pro at pushing this all over the house!
- Hooded Shirt Jacket – I love this for a Spring Jacket!
- Stand Alone High Chair – We absolutely love the flexibility of the chair we’ve been using – find it here, but it’d be great to have a stand alone high chair that we can plop Dane in while we’re cooking in the kitchen so we can be “part of the action”
- “Big Boy Car seat” – Our little one is quickly outgrowing his newborn car seat (which we have absolutely loved.) So on the list is the next size up.
- Musical Instruments – for as much as he loves music and banging on pots and pans and Tupperware, these would be a great addition to our toy box!
What are you getting your kiddos this Christmas? In other news, Dane will be NINE months old this weekend…. stay tuned for an update on that craziness!